Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Story Walk to be Rebuilt

Thank you Mr. Flynn (Flynn's Truck Stop on Hartford Turnpike) and Shrewsbury Leaders of Tomorrow for agreeing to rebuild the Sheep Take a Hike story walk at Jordan Pond. After learning that some shortsighted individuals destroyed this joint project of the Parks and Recreation Department and the Friends of the Shrewsbury Library the first night it was displayed Mr. Flynn stepped forward and offered to cover the expense of reordering the books and re-posting the displays. Local high school students who belong to the fabulous group Leaders of Tomorrow will cut, laminate, assemble, and stake the 17 stations around the pond as soon as all the materials can be collected.

I had an opportunity to read and walk Monday and I thoroughly enjoyed the story. I was excited for my students and their families to read their way around the pond too. I am grateful that you will not be disappointed thanks to the generosity of Mr. Flynn and our always helpful high school students.

I'll let you know when the story walk reopens.

No comments:

Post a Comment