Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Summer Book Swap a Success

                                                 We Love to Read!

Over 100 Coolidge students and adults met Monday night to share their love of reading. Twenty faculty and staff read with the students and checked in on their summer vacations. Students enjoyed seeing former teachers and friends and had an opportunity to get to know their new teachers and classmates too. I met Mallory, Anika, Ethan, and my buddy Steven whom I met the week before at the summer enrichment program at Floral. Of course I visited with my "formers" the Dylans, Sarah, and Emma.

Books from home and school were discussed and exchanged before the magic show. Magician Fran Flynn made books and book worms appear and disappear. He made letters form sentences, and made an adorable white bunny pop out of a box. Everyone enjoyed a popsicle as they were heading home to read their new book.

No comments:

Post a Comment